RE: NNBSP Impact

Hi Richard,

> When you say 'on top', do you 'to the left' in vertical writing, or do they interrupt the sequence of letters with stems?
> If they interrupt the sequence of letters with stems, then they are letters, and the Unicode properties are correct.
In the Mongolian Vertical writing mode, the "on top" in horizontal writing, will become "on the right side" actually.
But what I mean here "on top of corresponding character" in horizontal writing, still remain "in the top" in the vertical writing mode.
Because the Chinese and Tibetan character will not rotate in vertical writing system actually.

As my understanding, In vertical writing, the 'on top' means write the sign above the character.
In horizontal writing system, I am not sure where to write the sign, left side or on the top.
But I can see in the Sanskrit word they are written on the top or on the bottom of the corresponding character in horizontal writing.
According to http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2009/09032-n3568.pdf which is the URL from Andrew West's discussion,
there are some word with the U1883, U1884 on the top of the Mongolian character ᠪᠠ and ᠫᠠ.
When I open the U1800.pdf updated version recently, the Mongolian Characters all written in horizontal writing,
And I found the U1883 and U1884 is also rotated to fit to write in the left side of the Mongolian character.
This is mean that these character will be written on the left side of the corresponding character in horizontal writing mode.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jirimutu
Almas Inc.
101-0021 601 Nitto-Bldg, 6-15-11, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
E-Mail: jrmt@almas.co.jp   Mobile : 090-6174-6115
Phone : 03-5688-2081,   Fax : 03-5688-2082
http://www.almas.co.jp/   http://www.compiere-japan.com/

Jirimutu