Re: jlreq-d: proposed TOC

hi Kida-san,

Great to hear that we're thinking along similar lines. See inline
comments below...

木田泰夫 wrote on 09/12/2022 01:16:
> wow…
>
> Hello Richard, I am so impressed with your work. It is just wow. Here
> is my initial random thoughts:
>
> • I felt there’s a lot that jlreq-d can borrow from your work.
> Actually at a moment I thought two documents can be combined but
> probably it would dilute or spoil the focus of each *¹. Anyhow at
> least it would be wonderful if we can borrow from your work, or better
> yet, if we can welcome you as one of the author of jlreq-d.
I'd probably want to keep my own document separate (so i can edit it at
will), but i'm certainly happy for you to take ideas and text from it
for jlreq-d.  In fact, i'm in the process this week and next of copying
chunks of text from my Thai and Tamil documents to create sealreq and
ilreq layout requirements docs.  So there is a precedent.  I would also
be happy to contribute to jlreq-d as far as time will allow (and for
bits that are in English).

> *¹ e.g. If an engineer’s purpose is to develop rather than to learn,
> which is one of the focus of jlreq-d, probably a practical approach,
> e.g jumping into ‘how’ early, would serve well. etc.
>
> • Your document is more dynamic than jlreq is. It is nice and would be
> something we can follow. For example, it can illustrate spacing and
> justification much better than static images. Doing it without
> depending on browser’s text capability is a bit of challenge. Probably
> jlreq-d needs a web designer / engineer.
I was a bit embarrassed when you mentioned interactive features of the
document ;-) because the japanese orthography description page uses an
old template and many of th

> • I very much agree with you point of describing features by
> ‘semantic' value. Actually we are thinking similar. The
> ‘機能的観点での日本語組版機能の整理’ in the TOC is one of it.
>
> • Your document explains text output, but how about text input?
Ah, yes.  There can be a few more headings at the end of the page that i
forgot to mention.  Sorry. (I don't have much data for them, so they are
missing from most of my pages.)  Here's a fuller set of subsections for
the Page & Book Layout section:

General page layout & progression
Grids & tables
Notes, footnotes, etc
Page numbering, running headers, etc
Forms & user interaction

You'll notice that there's a section for user interaction there. I do
have some things to add there, but haven't had the time yet to do so.
Btw, the Mongolian MLReq doc does have such a section already (albeit a
little brief). See https://www.w3.org/TR/mlreq/#h_input

> • I will try revising the TOC considering your input.

cheers,
ri