From: Sebastian Rahtz [mailto:Sebastian.Rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:16 PM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: Proposal 07

This is very sinple. It says

************
proposal-07: add to the precedence rules a rule for "Selections inherited from other local usages of ITS markup"
************

If we support mapping of existing attributes to data categories, we have to decide what happens if an ITS attribute and a mapped
attribute are both supplied. So if we did have a translate mapping, we may encounter:

and we need to know which is which.

I suggest that specific ITS attributes on an element have the highest precedence. So the example above would get the "no"
value for translate.
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*