Re: Proposal: not having mapping for the translatability and the dir category

Yves Savourel wrote:

> I understand the interest of having a mapping on each data category from a conceptual viewpoint, but I think it would add
> un-necessary efforts on the implementation side,

I don't think this is a serious issue. If you have to implement mapping
at all, it is easy enough to support all mapping. It is not as if
it is hard to implement, after all.

> while not adding any additional function since any mapping on data category
> realized using a finite list of values can be done using the selection mechanism.

mapping is extensible. if we add a third value to yes|no, the mapping
will still work. the selection mechanism will need to be rewritten.

> I see a possible reasonable boundary: We would have mapping for the cases where the information to access is not enumerable:
> locInfo, locInfoRef, termRef, ruby (all the attributes needed) and language.

its a fair argument

--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*