Re: Datacat for inline element

At 14:28 06/01/30, Felix Sasaki wrote:

 >Hello Martin,
 >
 >On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:53:32 +0900, Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
 >wrote:
 >

 >> Hello Yves,
 >>
 >> I'm wordering what you think the inline vs. block distinction
 >> is needed for. This distinction is to some extent a stylesheet
 >> issue, i.e. it may differ for different presentations of the
 >> same content.
 >
 >Maybe Yves will answer this later differently, but my understanding is
 >that this is the fulfillment of the requirement described by Richard at
 >http://people.w3.org/rishida/localizable-dtds/#inline-elements , in
 >summary:
 >
 >"There should be a means of indicating whether an element is equivalent or
 >not to a unit that will be used for automated translation processing. Some
 >elements may contain other elements which are translation units in their
 >own right."
 >
 >Hope that helps. Regards, Felix.

Thanks for the pointer. As I indicated in my mail, I was guessing something
in this direction.

My main point, here again, is:
If this is about segmentation for translation, then choose a name for
that datacat that makes this clear, i.e. translation-subsegment or
some such. Do NOT create confusion between presentation aspects
(inline vs. block) and segmentation.

Regards,    Martin.