From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:15 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: 'Andrzej Zydron'; public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: Re: withinText

Hi Yves, Andrzej, all,

sorry, I am complete "not up to date" with your discussion. But if you both agree on a solution, that's fine with me. What do the
others think?
As for the working draft: I'm not sure if what we currently have at
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#datacat-within-text
explains all use cases you are mentioning below. Do you think you could rewrite / extend the text at
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#datacat-within-text
, so that everything is covered?

cheers,

Felix

Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> I'm CCing the list so all can follow the discussion. Sorry I forgot to do that in the first place.

> OK, so if we need to treat these two cases the same way, then yes, a
> subflow attribute is probably needed to reduce the computing to resolve the first case.
>
> Now, the last question: What do we do when we get elements not declare
> as withinText inside a text run? (because no matter what any guideline says we just know it will happen, so we might as well make
sure we have planned for it): I see three possibilities:
> A) we treat it as a break (spliting the parent content into 2 text unit), plus it own content in-between.
> B) we treat it as a withinText,
> C) we treat it as a sub-flow (current behavior from the spec).
>
> The most likely cases of such un-declared elements would be the things like <p> inside a <li> (like in XHTML).
>
> I'm almost tempted to say A) since it would allow people to choose how
> to deal with elements like <br/> (either as withinText or as a break).
>
> Cheers,
> -yves

representations for these two different entries?