Re: Integreated changes in sec "introduction" and "basic concepts"

Hi Yves,

Many thanks for the comments. Christian, will you be able to integrate
them on Monday?

Some further comments below.

Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi Christian, Felix, and all,
>

> Here are my notes on section 2:
>
> ---1: Paragraph 1 and everywhere.
>
> Maybe thing like "its:translate='yes'" could/(should?) be formatted to look like code rather than put bteween quotes?
>

> ---2: Pargaraph 2:
>
> In "the "style" element" 'style' should be formatted with the <elem> markup not between quote. Same for "style attribute" (to format
> with the <att> element).

for elements, you'd use <gi>
for attributes, you use <att>
for values, you use <val>
for everything else, you use <code>.

> ---3: first bullet:
>
> "local approachputs ITS " is missing a space before "puts".
>

> ---4: Pargaraph "ITS markup can be used with XML documents (e.g. a DocBook article), or schemas (e.g. an XSD for a proprietary
> document format). Since each usage defines some specific requirements, ITS markup in XML documents may look slightly different than
> ITS markup in schemas."
>
> The last sentence is to be dropped or reworded since we don't have a distinction between document and schema anymore.
>

> ---5: Examples
>
> Reminder: Many examples have extra blank lines that should be removed.
>

> ---6: Paragraph above Example 9:
>
> A) "thetranslate attribute " missing space before "translate"
>
> B) I think "...play a part in identifying which content is to be translated and which not."
> Should be "play a part in identifying which content is to be translated and which does not." 'does' is missing. (Native speaker to
> confirm/correct please).
>

> ---7: Pargaraph below Example 9:
>
> A) "used with a "style" element " 'style' should formatted as <elem>
>
> B) " The head of a document can contain..." I'm not sure we should say "the head" ITS rules can be placed anywhere the schema
> designer wants, not just the head.
>
> C) "As their name suggests, this attribute..." I would say: "As its name suggests, this attribute "
>

> ---8: bullet 1 in the first 4-bullets group:
>
> "...all 2p" elements..." should be "...all p elements" with p formatted as <elem>.
>

> ---9: last bullet in first 4-bullet group:
>
> A) "It is possible to map ITS markup to existing markup (for example the term element in DITA)"
> I would use something else than 'map' since we may need that term for 'real mapping' some day. "associate" maybe?
>
> B) "term" should be formatted as <elem> not italics.
>

> ---10: Paragraph below the 2-bullet group:
>
> A) "ITS markup in some cases appears " I would add commas:
> "ITS markup, in some cases, appears "
>
> B) "corresponding selector attribute(in the example translateSelector)." There is a missing space after 'attribute' and
> translateSelector should be selector.
>
> ---11: last bullet of the 4-bullet group above Example 10:
>
> "ITS markup to map to existing markup (for example the term element in DITA)" Same as before for 'map'. Now I realize that 'Mapping'
> is used in section 5.4. Maybe this could be replaced by "association" or something similar? I'm concern about using the term 'map'
> because of possible 'real mapping' coming later
>

> ---12: Paragraph above Example 10:
>
> "The power of ITS selector attributes comes at a price: rules related to overwriting/precedence, and inheritance, have to be
> established."
>
> A) 'selector' should (probably) be bolded/blue and linked to its definition.

interesting that it is blue in IE. In Firefox it is green, which is
right according to

a.itsmarkup {
color: #008000;
	font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;}

however, I don't know what to do about it.

- Felix