Re: Allowed Characters

XML Schema can use patterns to limit allowable characters
in attributes and in text-only elements. Unfortunately,
this mechanism isn't available for mixed content (e.g.
an element that contains text as well as (potentially)
other elements, such as a <p>).

I also know that in the context of the ISO work on schemas,
which is done in various parts, one part is supposed to be
a 'language' to specify character restrictions.

In the use cases for localization, is it envisioned that
such restrictions would be done on a per-instance base,
or would they be on a DTD/Schema base (or both, depending
on the use case)?

Regards,   Martin.