Re: call today moved to next week

Christian,

the general idea is that the XLIFF TC will produce a dot version every
summer.
The mechanism for feature approval and development is the same as was for
2.0.
Dot releases are not expected to break backwards compatibility with 2.0

So far two new features were approved for XLIFF 2.1

a) advanced validation support (Schematron, NVDL etc.)
b) ITS 2.0 support "as module" rather than "extension" (which is possible
even now). It is of course more complex, because some ITS categories are
fully or partially mappable to XLIFF core, other are "out of scope", one is
a profile of an existing module etc., see Felix's classification in the
other thread..

We seem to be more or less on track or slightly behind for the summer
release.
We should have reference implementations and statements of use by the end
of 2014 to manage the OASIS release in summer 2015. So far the new
valdation artifacts are in a very early stage and the XLIFF mapping has not
been frozen. Yet I am starting to transfer the more or less stable
categories mappings into the 2.1 working draft.

I hope this is enough info for now
dF

Dr. David Filip
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
*cellphone: +353-86-0222-158*