RE: ITS/XLIFF1.2 Mapping Issue - Content pointed by its:termInfoRef

Correction: the title of the email should be "Content pointed by its:termInfoRef"

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@enlaso.com]
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 6:18 PM
To: 'public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org'
Subject: ITS/XLIFF1.2 Mapping Issue - mrk vs other inline codes

Hi everyone,

I had an action item to try to present some of the issues we are having in the ITS <-> XLIFF mapping
http://www.w3.org/2013/07/03-i18nits-minutes.html#action02

Here is a first one, I'll send other in separate email to have different threads.

Terminology:

The Terminology data category has a way to point to some information for a selected term.
We can use itsxlf:termInfoRef to carry that pointer, but in some cases--for example when the information is in a resource not
online--one need to get the actual information content and store it in some way that is accessible from the XLIFF document, and
adjust the itsxlf:termInfoRef value as well.

One of problems to resolve this is that there is no definition of what the information the its:termInfoRef value points to (it can
be a term entry in a TBX file, a definition, some Wikipedia article, etc.), so no obvious way to map it in a common way.

For reference:
- Current mapping: http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_1.2_Mapping#Terminology
- ITS specification: http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#terminology

Thanks,