Re: decorator batch in bash

Hi Syd,

Syd Bauman さんは書きました:
> Well, I've got good news and bad news.
>
> The good news is that the first three items on my things-to-do list
> are done:

great.

>> * write shell front-ends for xsltproc and saxon on Mac OS X and
>>   GNU/Linux (Debian)
>> * test them on the test files provided in example/
>> * once that works, send them along [I have put them up in a
>>   temporary location on the web and posted pointers on the wiki
>>   page at
>>   http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator.]
>>

> The front-ends I wrote were originally intended to mimic the current
> .bat files completely, but I found I just couldn't harbor the idea of
> having separate programs for with and without an external rules file.
> So I combined 'em into one (if there is a second argument, it is
> taken as an external rules file), and added a --debug switch which
> suppresses the deletion of the intermediate files.
>
> Personally, I'd like to have the program give me the option of where
> to put the output file, too, but I wanted to make sure that was in
> line with the group's desires first.

good point, we can change that for the windows batch files too.

> The bad news is that, after looking at it a little more carefully,
> I'm not sure how to go about testing the Decorator, in that I have
> not found not a clear enough specification on what the output should
> be for a given input.

Good point. I have added an explanation to
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator#Example_input_and_output
at the bottom, could you check if it makes things clearer? Copied below:

The output is the same document as the input, with the following
additional information:

    * For each element node there is an *itsTve* attribute with the
      value "yes" (element content is translatable) or "no" (element
      content is not translatable).

    * If there are translatable attributes at an element node, that node
      has an *itsTva* attribute which lists the names of these
      attributes, seperated by '#'. Attributes whose name is not listed
      as part of *itsTva* are not translatable.

Felix