Re: ITS Processor

Hi Camille,

Camille Bégnis さんは書きました:
> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
>> Yves Savourel さんは書きました:
>>
>>> Hi Camille,

>>> Indeed. And there has been such effort started a few months back.
>>> Felix may be able to give us an update on this.
>>>
>> Yves is right, me and others have been working on this. I hope to be
>> able to make something public soon, but not sure yet when that will be.
>>
> OK great, let us know.
>

>>> This is something
>>> we could/should work on here. It falls withing our charter.
>>>
>>> So the answer is really not "instead of a specific ITS processor" but
>>> "in addition to".
>>>
>>> The reason why I think a non-XSLT processor is needed is that many
>>> applications that can make use of the ITS markup are not based on
>>> XSLT and also are not translation tools (so XLIFF does not make sense
>>> for them).
>>>
> Oh I didn't think ITS could be used for anything but translation, what
> are other possible applications?

ITS is both about localization and internationalization. In the former
area information about translation is a prominent use case, in the area
of internationalization there is e.g. markup for directionality. So an
editor might "understand" the its:dir attribute an create the
appropriate order of e.g. Hebrew text mixed with Latin script text. See
for an overview
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#datacategory-description

Felix