RE: Proposed translation policy update

Hi Masayasu,

See inline...

Done. See http://www.w3.org/International/2004/06/translation-text

> I updated http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset.ja accordingly.

Thankyou.
I would like us to add romanised versions of names in parens after non-ASCII
ones.  There are two reasons for this: [a] I can remember more easily who
did a Japanese, Arabic, etc. translation, [b] people can see how the name is
written for correspondence in an English environment.  I added this to the
page above.

> > >   Shall I refer to "O-charset" without suffixes, or shall I refer
> > >   to the English version like "O-charset.en" as the
> "original URL"?
> >
> > It will have to be O-charset.en - otherwise someone reading
> the page
> > in the language their browser is set to would just end up
> in the same place again.
>
> OK.  By the way, please make it clear that "O-charset.en" in
> item 4 of the instructions is just an example - otherwise
> people might wonder whether they have to include that text intact.

Done.

> Also, the Intellectual Rights FAQ requires to "[p]rominently disclose"
> disclaimer text - I tried to add some style to make it a bit
> prominent, but not sure whether it's a good way.  In any
> case, you should supply a standard style for disclaimer text
> so that translations have consistent style for disclaimer text.

OK.  I will play around with this a little and add the result to the style
sheet.