Re: [w3 i18n geo] Q&A: Setting Encoding in Web Authoring Application s

it could very well be locale dependent...
Looking at the release notes there are several references to dbcs chars.

I haven't tried it myself. I like textpad for its stability. As I read the
release notes I opted not to upgrade....
tex