A "Sensible Defaults" Approach to an ELReq Recommendation

From: Daniel Yacob <yacob@geez.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 05:15:40 +0000
To: "public-i18n-ethiopic@w3.org" <public-i18n-ethiopic@w3.org>
Greetings All,

I've been thinking about ways forward for the ELReq document and have a
thought to share.  The initial approach was to identified areas to be
addressed, then arrive at a recommendation from stakeholder feedback.

Finding and engaging willing industry stakeholders to acquire feedback then
became an unexpected obstacle. I still subscribe to this approach but
appreciate now that it will take significant time to get through.  Until
then, I propose that we review the questions raised for each topic in the
ELReq document and determine the most "sensible defaults" to form the basis
of a recommendation.

>From there, test cases can be developed to help developers implement the
recommendations.  Thoughts?

thanks,