Event Updated: W3C Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

[View this event in your browser](https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/c5b143d1-0a5b-4adb-8d60-0f5f9bfe5a41/20230831T150000/)

 W3C Internationalization Working Group Teleconference Upcoming Confirmed

 31 August 2023, 15:00 -16:00 Europe/London

 Event is recurring every 7 days, starting from 2023-07-20, until 2023-11-03

  Location: https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html

[ Internationalization Working Group ](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar/)***NOTE WELL*** This meeting is scheduled in the `Europe/London` time zone. That time zone observes Daylight Savings/Summer Time. Your local time for this call may vary due to differences in your local time zone's observation of DST/ST from that of the UK.

(This event has a new access number/link beginning 11 May 2023)



Things to do before the meeting:


**Topic: Agenda Review**
*Send `agenda+` requests to the public-i18n-core@ list in advance of the meeting!*

**Topic: Action Items**
*Review of open action items from previous meetings*

- [I18N-ACTIONS](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-actions/issues)

**Topic: Info Share**
*Share information of interest to the working group or pertaining to internationalization in general.*

**Topic: RADAR Review**
*Time to review new and on-going requests for specification review. Incoming requests are assigned to shepherds in this part of the call.*
*In addition, we review the status of specifications that have received comments. *Please review your issues and owned items in advance of the call**

- [RADAR](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1)

**Topic: Pending Issue Review**
*Review of new and pending issues raised by working group members or via the various bots.*

- [Pending Issues](https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending)

**Topic: TPAC Planning**
*Are we ready for TPAC? Let's review the schedule and our agenda*

- <https://github.com/w3c/i18n-actions/wiki/2023-TPAC-Planning>

**Topic: WCAG 2.2**
*Review the status of their work in addressing our comments.*

**Topic: Backwards Deletion**
*Is this document ready for a wider review?*

- <https://aphillips.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-backwards-deletion.en.html>
- <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2023JulSep/0103.html>

**Topic: string definitions in RDF**
*RDF is struggling to find a definition for "Unicode string" that fits their needs. Addison has made some suggestions, but notes that we don't provide a string definition. In addition, there is the problem that Charmod-norm doesn't provide the specific "code unit vs. code point" performance out being discussed here.*

- [RDF issue](https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/issues/51)
- [RDF pull request](https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/issues/59)
- <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2023JulSep/0105.html>
- [definition discussion](https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/issues/51#issuecomment-1699884210)

**Topic: Is `@context` in JSON bad?**
*The Verifiable Credentials folks are working to address our request for lang/dir metadata on the `name` and `description` (natural language text) fields. They claims that using `@language` in the `@context` is bad.*

- [Addison's comment](https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/pull/1252#discussion_r1309397665)
- [Issue](https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/1264)
- <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2023JulSep/0106.html>

**Topic: AOB?**

- - - - - -


Getting too many of these notifications? Read [this](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2022Mar/0013.html) email from Richard on how to manage notifications.


If you are set to scribe and cannot make it, please send regrets to the chair. Volunteers to act as scribe cheerfully accepted.


#### Chair's Link Farm


 Joining Instructions

 Instructions are restricted to meeting participants. You need to [ log in](https://auth.w3.org/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fevents%2Fmeetings%2Fc5b143d1-0a5b-4adb-8d60-0f5f9bfe5a41%2F%3FrecurrenceId%3D20230831T150000) to see them.


### Groups

- [Internationalization Working Group](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/) ([View Calendar](https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar/))

 Report feedback and issues on [ GitHub](https://github.com/w3c/calendar "W3C Calendar GitHub repository").

Received on Wednesday, 30 August 2023 21:52:20 UTC