RE: HTML5.1 review

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 03:54:43 +0000
To: "tink@tink.uk" <tink@tink.uk>, "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>
CC: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "team-html-editors@w3.org" <team-html-editors@w3.org>, "team-webplatform@w3.org" <team-webplatform@w3.org>
> > Can you give us a little more idea what date you'd like to receive
> > comments by? I assume that submitting issues to you should occur
> > before your CR. If we have just submitted comments, how would they be
> addressed in CR?
>
> Our cut-off point for making substantive changes before CR is 30th May, but
> we can continue to make editorial changes beyond that date. The sooner you
> can file issues likely to require substantive changes, the better chance we'll
> have of triaging and resolving them before the cut-off.

Our working group teleconferences are on Thursdays, so we have maybe two weeks to review this Spec and discuss it. This request, with a document the size, scope, and importance of HTML, is exceedingly late for us to do a quality review. While we will do our best to meet this date and while we greatly appreciate your thinking of us, I need to point out that the scheduling really should be a lot better.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Principal SDE, I18N Architect (Amazon)
Chair (W3C I18N WG)