I18N-ISSUE-499: definitions of ASCII and Unicode case folds ⓟ [find-text]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:36:11 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-499: definitions of ASCII and Unicode case folds ⓟ [find-text]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: find-text

http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-findtext-20151015/#idl-def-caseFoldingType.ascii

The case fold types 'ascii' requires a mapping of code points to lowercase, whereas most definitions only require comparison "as-if" this conversion were performed.

Similarly, the 'unicode' case fold requires the mapping to be performed.

In practice the mapping probably would take place. I note that your issues 24 and 25 ask whether you should use charmod-norm as the source for these definitions and I think that would be a desirable outcome.