FW: IRI working group progress -- new drafts

FYI…

From: Larry Masinter [mailto:masinter@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 12:03 PM
To: public-iri@w3.org; Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)
Subject: IRI working group progress -- new drafts

Martin and I got together and reviewed the comparison document, moved the “todo” items from the draft into trac issues, and then posted a new version of draft-ietf-iri-comparison.
Martin and I also made some edits to address issues on 3987bis also , and Martin will post a new version of that shortly. Some issues seemed like they needed working group discussion, though, and were left as open issues.
With Adil posting a new version of the –bidi document, we should have updated documents to review at the IRI working group meeting in Paris.

We’ve also asked the W3C I18N activity to explicitly review the working group documents, hopefully to raise issues in the tracker so we can also address them.

The main gap I think is that there isn’t anyone really pushing forward on the ‘processing’ document.

Please review the edits we made and open issues in the tracker

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/report/1

and make comments on mailing list or in tracker.

Larry