[minutes] i18n telecon 2012-02-01


Text version:

Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference

01 Feb 2012



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/01-i18n-irc


           Addison, Richard, Mati, Norbert, David, Gwyneth


           Addison Phillips

           Addison Phillips


      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Minutes/Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
      * [8]Summary of Action Items


Action Items

    <r12a> [9]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

       [9] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close ACTION-91

    <trackbot> ACTION-91 Write to CSS style list strongly opposing
    surrogate pair escapes in CSS and citing CharMod closed




      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/0006.html

Info Share

    Microsoft is supporting the <bdi> tag in IE (IE11??)

    richard: last night (my night) Unicode 6.1 was released



    <r12a> [13]http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/

      [13] http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/

    richard: and my Uniview is 6.1 enabled

    <r12a> [14]http://rishida.net/blog/?p=791

      [14] http://rishida.net/blog/?p=791

    <David> firefox releas note saying <bdi> is supported

      [15] http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/

    Topic: Selecting glyph variants [

    16:14] aphillip:

    [16:15] aphillip:

    [16:17] aphillip: norbert: anyone read this?

    [16:17] aphillip: richard: at least four

    [16:20] aphillip: richard: L10N World will be in Paris in June and
    they want a one-day Unicode track

    [16:20] aphillip: ... and they are interested in having more
    speakers; contact me if interested

    [16:21] aphillip: ... that was an impromtu info share

    [16:22] aphillip: richard: could put in a general para

    [16:22] aphillip: ... Css3 is putting in some properties for
    selecting variant glyphs

    [16:22] aphillip: ... and are beginning to be implemented

    [16:22] aphillip: ... and leave it at that

    [16:26] aphillip: ACTION: addison: contact martin and ask if he'd
    like to update the misscharglyph page

    [16:26] trackbot: Created ACTION-92 - Contact martin and ask if he'd
    like to update the misscharglyph page [on Addison Phillips - due

    [16:26] aphillip: norbert: and mention all the other things that
    need repair (unicode 3.2 links, etc.)

    [16:26] aphillip: Topic: Code Points and CSS

    [16:28] aphillip: Topic: Ruby Discussion

    [16:28] aphillip: koji: will summarize

    [16:31] aphillip: ... mike thinks HTML WG won't accept change

    [16:36] aphillip: richard: need to mention accessibility issue?

    [16:36] aphillip: koji: adding examples of double-sided ruby

    [16:37] aphillip: addison: need to pull together at our next week's

    [16:38] aphillip: Topic: AOB?

    [16:38] aphillip: richard: need to look at pipelines and radars?

    [16:39] r12a: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

    [16:39] aphillip: Koji: UTR#50

    [16:39] aphillip: ... feedback closed January 30th

    [16:40] aphillip: ... and UTC meeting upcoming (conflicts with Style

    [16:40] aphillip: ... still unstable and may need another review

    [16:40] aphillip: ... microsoft said they might propose a different

    [16:40] aphillip: ... but work delayed until next week

    [16:40] aphillip: ... so not until right before UTC

    [16:40] aphillip: ... so may be two proposals appearing

    [16:40] aphillip: ... and have review period for that

    [16:41] aphillip: ... that's what I hope

    [16:41] aphillip: ... but up to UTC

    [16:41] kojiishi:

    [16:42] aphillip: chair: anyone oppose/support opinion for more
    review needed?

    [16:43] aphillip: richard: need to put on review radar

    [16:43] aphillip: koji: scope issue

    [16:43] aphillip: ... currently tries to handle both spacing between
    characters (only for Japanese)

    [16:43] aphillip: ... and also vertical

    [16:43] aphillip: ... fantasai and I suggest separate spec for that

    [16:43] aphillip: ... need a globally scoped vertical spec

    [16:44] aphillip: ... maybe microsoft supports same opinion

    [16:44] aphillip: ... but editor disagrees

    [16:44] aphillip: ... spacing is very complex

    [16:44] aphillip: ... in link above I requested both additional
    review and to remove spacing classes

    [16:46] aphillip: ACTION: addison: comment on behalf of WG in
    Unicode forum expressing support for an additional review period for

    [16:46] trackbot: Created ACTION-93 - Comment on behalf of WG in
    Unicode forum expressing support for an additional review period for
    UTR#50 [on Addison Phillips - due 2012-02-08].

    [16:46] r12a: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

    [16:47] aphillip: JLReq2 now out of wide review

    [16:56] aphillip: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    [16:59] r12a:

    [16:59] aphillip: richard: reminder of the lovely process

    [17:00] r12a: ACTION: Richard to make tracker products for utr50 and
    CSS Basic User Interface

    [17:00] trackbot: Created ACTION-94 - Make tracker products for
    utr50 and CSS Basic User Interface [on Richard Ishida - due

    [17:01] aphillip: Topic: AOB?

    [17:01] r12a: ACTION: Richard to look at making WEb Services draft a
    deprecated Note

    [17:01] trackbot: Created ACTION-95 - Look at making WEb Services
    draft a deprecated Note [on Richard Ishida - due 2012-02-08].

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)


Received on Wednesday, 1 February 2012 18:53:32 UTC