Re: Question on text search

2010/6/2 Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>

> As a default, I'd suggest the Unicode algorithm documented in
> http://unicode.org/reports/tr10/#Searching.
>
> Commercial systems (such as what we do a Google) will go beyond this to
> include more sophisticated processing such as synonyms, language-sensitive
> deaccenting, stemming, etc., but that is beyond what can be required in a
> general specification.

"XQuery full text search" goes the path of no requiring specific behavior,
but providing "slots", so called matching options, where implementers can
integrate language specific behavior. See the matching options
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-xpath-full-text-10-20100128/#ftmatchoptions for
details. That includes things like using thesauris for resolving synonyms,
stemming, etc.

Felix