Re: Question on text search

As a default, I'd suggest the Unicode algorithm documented in
http://unicode.org/reports/tr10/#Searching.

Commercial systems (such as what we do a Google) will go beyond this to
include more sophisticated processing such as synonyms, language-sensitive
deaccenting, stemming, etc., but that is beyond what can be required in a
general specification.

Mark

— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —