Re: Request for feedback on SKOS Last Call Working Draft

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 06:52:30PM -0000, Richard Ishida wrote:
> My main concern is how your WG will ensure that these topics
> do eventually get picked up for discussion and become the
> subject of a separate note, as you suggest, rather than this
> discussion evaporating. Do you have a process for that? Because
> I think these are quite important things to address for SKOS and
> related technologies to provide solutions that will work in an
> interoperable way.

Hi Richard,

To clarify about process: the working group has extended its
charter in order to bring SKOS to Recommendation. If all goes
well, this could happen in June, after which the working group
will close.

So for the WG itself, there is no process for following
through on these and many other areas where a need to extend
SKOS has been recognized, though we are doing our best to lay
down an orderly record of issues and discussion threads which
other groups could take as a starting point.

How the standardization of extensions to SKOS might be managed
in the community of practice after the WG closes is indeed an
important and timely question.

Tom

--
Tom Baker
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group