Re: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content] Unicode Normalization

Hello James,

At 01:17 09/01/31, James Elmore wrote:

>In addition, if someone is using JavaScript to modify the DOM or to
>update the CSS at runtime, this will need to be normalized as well.
>This seems to be a large can of worms (a messy problem).

Javascript is indeed also part of the equation, but that doesn't
seem to make things essentially more complicated. Javascript is
just one more format where identifiers have to be alligned.

[One can also consider the case of a script doing very special
things with identifiers such as class names, chopping them in
half between two accents and such, but I think this case is way
too farfetched.]

>The only
>good thing I can say is that this problem is much smaller now than it
>will be in a few years. Resolve it soon, please.

Can you point to any specific languages,... that will be affected?
Or why do you otherwise think that this problem will become bigger?

Regards,    Martin.