Re: [selectors-api] Selectors API I18N Review...

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:46:42 +0100, Phillips, Addison <addison@amazon.com> wrote:
>> Please note that members of the WG also found two minor editorial
>> issues [3]
>
> [[[
> 3. Interoperability Considerations: "... such implementations could
> return different results from those that do support them" gives
> implementations too much leeway and applications too little
> information about why they're getting inconsistent results. The
> specification should require one of these behaviors:
> - if a selector is used that is not supported by the implementation,
> the implementation must return null (for querySelector) or an empty
> list (for querySelectorAll).
> - if a selector is used that is not supported by the implementation,
> the implementation must raise an exception.
> ]]]
>
>> [3]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2008Dec/0006.html

I have revised the Interoperability Consideration section to more
accurately reflect the result of different levels of Selector support
and offer advice for dealing with it.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/#interoperability

Please let me know if you are satisfied with this repsonse.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/