RE: New tutorial under way: Creating SVG Tiny Pages in Arabic & Hebrew

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  In fact, I messed up here.  I do have a
bidi-svg-tiny directory on my hard drive, but (probably because I was too
tired) it ended up as bidi-svg on the server.  I may change the directory
name, if I can figure out how to do that.

RI

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/

public-i18n-core@w3.org
> Subject: Re: New tutorial under way: Creating SVG Tiny Pages in Arabic &
Hebrew

> Hello Richard,
>
> The title includes "Tiny", but the address doesn't.
> Wouldn't it be better to have a tutorial for SVG, and
> explain Tiny-specific stuff where necessary, or
> alternatively to use the address
> http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/bidi-svg-tiny/ ?
>
> Regards,   Martin.
>
> At 08:06 08/11/08, Richard Ishida wrote:
> >
> >Chaps,
> >
> >I figured that while the information was still fresh in my brain after
> >doing all the tests, I should write a tutorial on how to use the bidi
> >features of SVG Tiny.
> >
> >Thought I'd let you know that I'm doing so.  You can find the text so far
at

> >http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/bidi-svg/
> >
> >I'm building it off a similar tutorial for XHTML, and I'm about half way
> >through at the moment.
> >
> >I hope my SVG examples are ok. I'm no expert.
> >
> >hth
> >RI
> >

> >PS: Chris, I did think about and look again at what we discussed on the
> >phone wrt first character determining direction and need for unicode-bidi
> >on svg tag, and I believe I was right. I've written the tutorial on that
> >basis.  Unicode-bidi embed is only needed for tspans, although
unicode-bidi
> >override can be used effectively on text or textArea elements, I believe.
> >This is how CSS works, too.  (Elika clarified some of these things in her
> >discussions with Doug based on her experience writing the CSS stuff.)
See