Re: [UAX29] i18n comment 17: Search engines

ishida@w3.org wrote:
> Comment from the i18n review of:
> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/tr29-12.html
>
> Comment 17
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0801-uax29/
> Editorial/substantive: E
> Tracked by: AP
>
> Location in reviewed document:
> 4 [http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/tr29-12.html#Word_Boundaries]
>
> Comment:
> The added text about search engines, coupled with the somewhat obscure example about database queries, suggests that, as with our comment #3, more thought should be given to providing comprehensive or clear usage scenarios."

I think this comment is not particularly critical. The working group
felt in our call that the examples were a bit disjointed. However,
producing an exhaustive list would take some doing. I tend to think the
added "search engine" example might be still be too narrowly written.
Only a few of us work on search engines. Perhaps replace "search
engines" with a more generic alternative such as:

Full-text processing...
Searching...
Search applications...

Addison