Re: [XHR] i18n comment 9: locale information

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:14:58 +0100, <addison@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Comment:
> In addition to the comments below, we note that there is barely mention
> of language or locale negotiation or locale considerations in this
> document. This is probably appropriate given the scope of this document,
> focused strictly on the XmlHttpRequest object.However, it should be
> noted that lack of these capabilities will require non-interoperable
> custom implementations. Standardization of language/locale negotiation
> for AJAX and REST type interactions (that rely on XHR) should be
> described somewhere. This may represent a work item for the
> Internationalization Core WG. In particular, we note these documents:
>
> Web Services Internationalization Usage Scenarios
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-ws-i18n-scenarios-20040730/]
> Requirements for the Internationalization of Web Services
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-ws-i18n-req-20041116/]

Yeah, this seems out of scope. If at some point someone writes an
authoring guide for XMLHttpRequest it could probably provide guidance on
this. (I don't think that the Web API WG currently has volunteers to edit
such a document, unfortunately.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>