RE: Feedback: qa-utf8-bom.en.php *1* [Comments]

Just thinking that for me, the easiest way of detecting a BOM is just to
open it up in my text editor. Some text editors, sc unipad, emeditor and
others, will display data about the file at the bottom of the editor's
window. Such editors will indicate if the file has a BOM.

Then
its a simple process to simply resave the file without the BOM.

Andrew

On Sat, July 14, 2007 1:34 am, Richard Ishida
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> When I considered
adding some text to address this comment, I found myself
> wanting
(once again) to edit the article in question

(http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-bom) to make it
> clearer.
> I gave in to my urges and came up with this:
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/temp.php
>
> I think this has a clearer structure.  Note that I also
added links to a
> couple of personal pages I wrote to provide
suggested solutions.

> Do you think we should go with
this new version?

> RI
>

> ============
> Richard Ishida

Internationalization Lead

http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

08:32
>> To: member-geo-feedback@w3.org
Feedback: qa-utf8-bom.en.php *1* [Comments]

>> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-bom.en.php
>> Usefulness: 1/5
>> Described as:   Designer
>>
>> Comments:
>> It\'s been very
educational the only thing is: it doesn\'t
>> answer the
question \"how to remove this signature from the

file\". Some examples for Dreamweaver and other popular

editors will be helpful.

--
Andrew Cunningham
Research and Development