RE: Feedback: qa-utf8-bom.en.php *1* [Comments]

I reworded it as follows:

the file.</p>

the UTF-8 signature correctly you probably won't be able to see it, so some
kind of script-based test (see below) may be easier. Alternatively, you
could try this small <a
href="http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/bomtester/">web-based utility</a>.
(Note, if it’s a file included by PHP or some other mechanism that you think

> - "(With the Latin 1 (ISO 8859-1) character encoding, the
> signature displays as characters .)": Not sure if this is
> the case only for ISO 8859-1. I seem to have the same effect
> for at least US-ASCII. So maybe "(With for example the Latin
> 1 (ISO 8859-1) character encoding, the signature displays as
> characters .)"

I think you'll find that your particular UA is playing tricks on you, since
none of those characters are in the ASCII range. The statement as it stands
is not exclusive. It just states the case for Latin 1, so I don't feel it
needs to be changed.  (Otherwise, it could lead to some complicated
explanations.)

RI