RE: Urdu IDNs

Dear Najib,

The source of the translation is as below:

Morroco

Ref : Quami Urdu English Dictionary

Edited by: Dr Jameel Jalibi

Published by: National Language Authority Pakistan

Publishing Year:1992, pg. 1272

Morroco (noun):مراکش،مراکو

Moroccan (Noun) مراکشی باشندہ،مراکش کا رہنے والا،شمالی مغربی افریقہ کا ایک ملک

Moroccan (adj)مراکشی

You may be right that the city name has been generalized to refer to the country.  However, this seems to be the conventional translation in Urdu.

Best regards,

Sarmad

  _____