Re: Urdu IDNs

Dear Samad,

A first feedback. Morocco (.ma) is translated by *?????* "MARRAKECH".
Marrakech, an old and historic name for Morocco *??????*.  Marrackech is
a city in the south of Morocco. It was founded in the eleventh century
by the first King (Youssef Ben Tachfine) of Almoravides Dynasty. At the
time, Morocco was known as Marrakech.
Marrakech is now a big city, very touristic. It is also called "The
Pearl of the South".

Any way, I know that in many place in the middle-east, for example Iran,
Morocco is known as Marrakech.  It seem that it is also the case in
Pakistan. But Formally, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of
Pakistan,  (http://www.mofa.gov.pk/Blue_Book/BLUE_BOOK.htm)
Morocco is known as Morocco. For example, In Islamabad, you can find
"EMBASSY OF THE KINGDOM OF MORROCCO".

Sarmad Hussain wrote:
> Dear Martin and others,
>
> This is a national level exercise to see how Urdu may fit into the IDNA
> framework being proposed by ICANN, at this time.  However, we are currently
> circulating the list for feedback.
>
> Re. TLDs, the translations are for Urdu only and are just to simply map onto
> existing English TLDs (and are not proposing new Urdu TLDs).  This mapping
> is to allow complete Urdu address, at least on the user interface. `

Second: What do you mean by user interface. Urdu specific applications
or UAs in general, e.g. browsers like Firefox and others?

--
Najib TOUNSI (mailto:tounsi @ w3.org)
Bureau W3C au Maroc (http://www.w3c.org.ma/)