Re: [MWBP 1.0] i18n comment: Indicating language changes in links

Dear Philipp & Dom, dear Mobile Web Best Practice Working Group,

Thank you very much for your response to our comment.

dom@w3.org wrote:

[...]

> Your comment on 5.2.7 Link Target Identification:
>

> Comment from the i18n review of:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobile-bp-20060113/
>
> Comment 14
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0602-mwbp10/
> Editorial/substantive: S
> Owner: FS
> Location in reviewed document:
> Sec. 5.2.7
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobile-bp-20060113/#iddiv3102405752]
>
> Comment:
>
> Please mention that if in the content there is a link to something which
> is not in the same language, it would be good to make it explicit.
>

> Working Group Resolution:
> We don't think this has a specific mobile interpretation

The i18n core working group disagrees with your resolution. We think
that especially for the mobile scenario it is very likely that users
encounter content in languages they cannot foresee. Hence, it seems to
be a good practice to indicate a change of the language.

Regards, Felix Sasaki (staff contact of i18n core Working Group)