From: public-i18n-cjk-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-cjk-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Vincent Shen
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:32 PM
To: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
Cc: Richard Ishida; CJK discussion
Subject: Re: Names for line-wrapping rules in CJK

Can we access the rules that Microsoft Word uses for line breaks?
They seem satisfactory for most Chinese documents. They do not break right before a punctuation mark.

The Chinese term (word) normally has two or three characters, sometimes even four. It looks odd if a term is broken. But unless some parsing is done, one cannot tell the term boundaries.

-Vincent