Re: [minutes] Arabic layout telecon 2015-09-29

Thanks, Martin, for the comments.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
wrote:

> Common trends is one thing. The breadth of typographic tradition is
> another. If there are two or more well-established ways of doing something,
> that points to the need for a CSS property to control it.

I totally agree. We will try to find out about those well-established ways
of doing things as we go forward.

> I look forward to meet you guys there! It would be great if one or two
> people (maybe the chairs?) could sign up to give a lightning talk at the
> Unicode Conference. We introduced lightning talks exactly for things like
> the Arabic layout taskforce, which are new developments than may not yet
> have produced enough results for a full talk, but for which it's highly
> beneficial to get out the word. The length of a lightning talk ideally is
> about 5 minutes, so it's much less work for preparation.
>
> I'm one of the session chairs for lightning talks, so please write
> directly to me!

We also looking forward to meet you this year as well. The idea of having a
lightening talk about ALReq is a great one. Let's see if anyone from our
small group would be interested to do that.

Best regards,
Shervin