Re: Conference call tomorrow

Hi Karol,

On 9 July 2019 at 21:44:46, Karol Szczepański (karol.szczepanski@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi Michael, Tomasz
>
> > Are you sure you have to be present? What is there to do to get the call going?
>
> You need to start a conference on uberconference site and run a couple
> of commands on IRC.

We should make this more egalitarian. Otherwise is it currently a bus factor of 1?

> > I assume there won't be a conference call today?
>
> Yep - we had a plan to cease conf-calls during the summer break, but
> due to late notice I was planning to start today's call as usual.
> Unfortunately, an urgent matter popped out.
>
> > Will it be rescheduled, or will the Hydra calls be on hiatus for a while?
>
> As already wrote - we were planning to have a summer break - it may be
> a challenge to gather a couple of people on the call at that time.
> Still - if you wish, we could setup a call on next slot at 23th of
> July - feel free to add the topic to the agenda [1]
>
> As for the summer break - I have an interesting riddle to solve.
> There is a library named SignalR (server side is in C#, client is in
> JS) that allows server to push messages to the client after the latter
> subscribes.
> Under the hood it uses either websockets or HTTP polling when the
> former is unavailable.
>
> The client can subscribe to a number of beings named 'hubs' and the
> server can either push notifications or invoke methods on the client
> side.
>
> I was thinking on how such a feature could be described with hydra so
> the client can discover it can subscribe i.e. to some hub and receive
> push notifications instead of invoking commands or calling links
> manually.

Web sockets is event-based communication. A paradigm pretty different from REST. On top of that SignalR is quite opinionated.

You could look at Async API Initiative [1]. Maybe it has what you’re looking for.

Best,
Tom

[1]: https://www.asyncapi.com