Re: Conference call tomorrow

> We should make this more egalitarian. Otherwise is it currently a bus factor of 1?

For the time being yes.

> Web sockets is event-based communication. A paradigm pretty different from REST. On top of that SignalR is quite opinionated.

It doesn't matter, SignalR or Async API Initiative, and yes - event
based communication is far from REST.
What matters is on how to propagate such a knowledge to the client, i.e.:

"Look client, here is what you need to do to subscribe for some events.
Once subscribed, you're on your on with these events, but here is a
receipt on how to get on the bus."

In case of SignalR subscription is a matter of sending a couple of
GETs to specified URLS with some query string params making it
possible to describe such links
(current SignalR client has these logic hardcoded), but I'm quite
curious on how such an mental exercise could end up.

Actually, telling a client that there is another pipe with different
protocol might be interesting and be of some value.
HTTP spec defines i.e. 101 Switching Protocols status. Just loud thinking.

Best

Karol