Re: Project Introduction

Hi Stephen

I am currently working on an software project that handles biomedical
bibliographic data for systematic review. The input of this system is
millions of bibliographic items, pubmed etc. The output of this system will
be used to produce medical guidelines and recommendations.

This is a project run by University College London, and in collaboration
with the UK  National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).

We have previously built a system that unifies pubmed, ovid, proquest,
embase, ontologies to the FaBiO  bibliographic ontology, from the SPAR
ontology suite. We created a single query languages to allow queries across
these disparate databases using one standard syntax.

We have a 3rd system that discovers the 'free text' information give some
citation data, it can automatically order from the British Library if no
free text is available.

All of these systems use Hydra as there API vocabulary. We are now able to
seamlessly link these systems, and  make them available to other parties in
the future.

I have 3 years experience of using Hydra as an API vocabulary. We use the
Hydra vocabulary as the internal view model structure of our application.
All of these systems content negotiate both HTML and JSON by default.

Since I am a keen advocate of REST, the adoption of Hydra, internally
within the application domain, as been an invaluable way of standardizing
and testing our code. We don't limit its use to just the output format of
our systems, it is also used as a mechanism for enforcing the hypermedia
constraint within our domain.

I am keen to hook up with others in this community. If you consider any of
this experience to be of use to you, please don't hesitate in getting back
to me.

Kind regards

Martin