Re: Pagination - let's finalize the collection design (ISSUE-42)

Hi,

Am 14.10.2015 um 16:45 schrieb elf Pavlik:
> On 10/14/2015 03:15 PM, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:

>> As I've written elsewhere[1]:
> [...]____
>> [1] https://github.com/mnot/I-D/issues/39#issuecomment-148041742
>>

> Thank you for expressing your support directly on this github issue!

The current unpublished draft of rfc5988bis now describes a possibility
to use URIs for IANA registered rels in a strictly defined area [1], and
the discussion has moved to a new issue [2]. I find this very
encouraging. Erik has pointed out that one must make it *very, very
clear* that the registered rels may not be used in the rest of the
world, and the discussion is still ongoing.

However, this is still an unpublished draft. Only if it reaches
finalization or near-finalization before Hydra gets finalized, I would
kindly propose to re-use the rels for paging in our paging view object.

For the time being I suggest to observe the rfc5988bis progress, but
postpone the discussion about IANA rels as paging controls in Hydra and
stick with hydra:nextPage, hydra:previousPage etc.

Best regards,
Dietrich

[1]http://mnot.github.io/I-D/rfc5988bis/#registered-relation-types
[2]https://github.com/mnot/I-D/issues/140