Re: request for verification: paging in TPF

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 11:52:01 +0100
Cc: public-linked-data-fragments@w3.org
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, John Walker <john.walker@semaku.com>
>> I like that. Another minor tweak
>>
>>    The page MUST use hydra:next to reference the next page. If the next page
>>    would be (is?) empty, however, it SHOULD NOT be referenced.

Good. Any particular reason for "reference" over "link"?

I have "would be" because one can discuss whether a next page really exists if it is empty.

> So to deconstruct this a little, you are in effect saying:
> a. If there is a next page, the current page MUST use hydra:next to reference the next page
> b. The first page of a fragment MAY be empty
> c. Subsequent pages SHOULD NOT be empty

Yes, indeed. That would be an other way to list this.
While it is longer, it might be clearer.

Markus, what do you think?

> Where by 'empty' we mean that the page contains zero data triples.

Exactly; I updated the spec recently to explicitly define that.

Best,