Re: Pagination (ISSUE-42)

Hi,

Am 15.02.2015 um 15:10 schrieb Andrew Hacking:
> Tomasz,
>
> Thanks for the link to issue 82.  I don't think that is going to cut it
> since its just about providing an explicit list of labelled
> values/"individuals" [sic] and we need a range of values to be expressed.
>
> btw I also dislike the term "individual" in the proposal

That is valuable feedback. By individual I mean a value that is given by
its URI. E.g. http://schema.org/OnSitePickup. Think of it as a uniquely
named enumerated value whose meaning can be looked up by its URI. As
opposed to a plain String "OnSitePickup".

Since I agree with you that *using* Hydra should not require to learn
OWL, what would be a better name?

*Designing* Hydra is a different story - learning about RDF is a must to
work on Hydra's design.

What you have to keep in mind when choosing terms is that the RDF people
on this list also need to recognize the concepts. E.g. it doesn't help
if *they* say "ah, you mean an individual. Why don't you use the proper
term then?".

Once I used the term 'canonical URI' on this list, only to be asked not
to use that term but rather 'identifier'.

On this list two worlds come together who need to learn the ideas and
concepts of each other to arrive at something that works well.

Best regards,
Dietrich