Re: Pagination (ISSUE-42)

Am 15.02.2015 um 13:39 schrieb Andrew Hacking:
> Can templates be parameterized using ranged values? That would be my
> preferred approach, that params have their range defined based on the
> count of members in the collection matching the query.
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl
> <mailto:tomasz@t-code.pl>> wrote:
>

>     On 2015-02-13 19:47, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
>
>         How do we signal end of list with an IriTemplate?
>

>     Well, worst case scenario is that the client issues a request and
>     gets en empty collection or 404. Is that good enough signal that the
>     collection has ended?

You cannot do it with hydra, since it has no value specification facility.
One could use http://schema.org/PropertyValueSpecification's maxValue to
restrict the maximum value of items.
But note that a maximum value makes it a requirement to count the number
of available items in advance, which is not a good idea in the dynamic
world we live in. It might take long to count all issues because the
server must retrieve all possible items to determine the maxValue, and
the number of issues might change after counting (think Google results).

Best regards,
Dietrich