RE: Hydra Console and verifying Hydra doc

Hi Kristoffer,

and welcome to the list.

On 6 Feb 2015 at 14:32, Kristoffer Lie Braathen wrote:
> Do you have any experience with the Hydra Console?
>
> I am playing around with it and my Hydra documented API - but it seems like it won’t
> accept my vocabulary. By this I mean that the console will only load (on the right side of
> the screen) what is defined in the Hydra spec.

OK. Does it load if you enter its URL in the HydraConsole's address bar?

> So, here’s an example:
>
> I have a collection of bands. The term collection is specified in Hydra and therefor it is
> shown on the right side of the screen. The collection of bands have members of the type
> vocab:Band, but since Band is not specified in the Hydra spec, of course, it won’t be shown
> as a class on the right side of the console. For me it seems like everything that is not
> specified in the Hydra spec won’t be accepted by the console.

It should. It doesn't matter whether it is part of Hydra or not. Have a look at the Event API demo:

    http://bit.ly/hydra-console-event-api

Most of its terms come from Schema.org

> You can se my vocab at http://folk.uio.no/kristolb/vocab. This is one of several attempts. All

It looks good (without having looked at everything in detail) but you serve it with the wrong media type: text/plain instead of application/ld+json. The HydraConsole requires you to use the right media types.

> of them looks quite the same, but I have tried to experiment with letting vocab:Band be of
> the type mo:MusicArtist that got the URI http://purl.org/ontology/mo/MusicArtist  As you
> can see, I am now operating with the type hydra:Class, after testing to do it in a similar way
> as Markus Lanthaler in his api-demo.
>
> Below is the response you get if you follow /api/bands. I have tunneled my localhost to
> ngrok, so it can be accessed by the console. Do you see any huge mistakes?

No, it looks good. Probably the issue again are wrong/missing HTTP headers.

> Is the console
> the ultimate test for checking that you have a fully working Hydra doc, or should I just
> carry on with my work convincing my self that things are right?

The console isn't perfect.. it's just a tool a quickly wrote in a couple of evenings. It certainly would need more love but I don't have the time to improve it right now. That being said, most things should work as expected.

HTH,
Markus