RE: Relating hydra:Classes to hydra:IriTemplates

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:10:48 +0200
To: <public-hydra@w3.org>
On 24 Jun 2014 at 09:34, Jindřich Mynarz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>> it would be more useful if Hydra
>>> specification had a few examples of entry points, so that the readers
>>> can see the "entry point classes" being used in fitting context.
>>
>> Hmm... I wonder if the spec is the right place to do so. But we can certainly add
>> a couple sentence to make this clearer. Concrete text proposals or even PR requests
>> would be very helpful. At least to have something concrete to discuss and improve.
>
> Since we haven't yet clarified what entry points in Hydra are, I think
> it's premature to attempt defining them. I'd like to help with some
> concrete wording but, as you've seen, I can barely use Hydra correctly
> myself. For now, I think it would be better to limit my contribution
> to questions about under-specified features of Hydra.

It surprises me that the notion of an entry point is that confusing for you. Just think of it this way: Someone sends you a link to a Hydra ApiDocumentation. Now you know what concepts are used in the API etc. But you don't know how to get started, i.e., how to enter the API. hydra:entrypoint tells you just that. It tells you for example, go and start at http://api.example.com/ and proceed from there.