Re: Relating hydra:Classes to hydra:IriTemplates

From: Jindřich Mynarz <mynarzjindrich@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:19:49 +0200
To: public-hydra@w3.org
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
> It surprises me that the notion of an entry point is that confusing for you. Just think of it this way: Someone sends you a link to a Hydra ApiDocumentation. Now you know what concepts are used in the API etc. But you don't know how to get started, i.e., how to enter the API. hydra:entrypoint tells you just that. It tells you for example, go and start at http://api.example.com/ and proceed from there.

No, the relation of hydra:ApiDocumentation to an entry point is
perfectly clear to me.

What I believe is not that clear is what an entry point typically
offers (what's in its representation). So far, we've only discussed
that it may offer hydra:Links to hydra:Collections. What else? What
kinds of operations would be common to have on entry point? I believe
that hints of this kind would help to clarify how the concept of entry
point should be used.

- Jindřich

--
Jindřich Mynarz