RE: Semantic Domination

On 11 Jul 2014 at 14:06, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 11:52 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> [...]
>>> A couple of initial observations:
>>>
>>> My team and I prefer N3 notation. I understand JSON-LD aligns more
>>> with target audience of web developers. Fair call.
>>
>> There are plans to include Turtle examples in the specification. We just
>> haven't found the time yet to make that happen.
>
> relevant [ISSUE-18] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/18
> i just commented with link to json-ld.org/playground
>
> maybe having automated conversion everyone could write examples using
> preferred syntax and other one will autoconvert. @Markus you know all
> the examples by heart, can we get all the JSON-LD in them from Turtle
> without need for JSON-LD Framing? i think for example about
> recommendation of embedding hydra:manages

The first problem is that the examples are just snippets, not completely valid JSON-LD. The second problem is that the comments are often important and that it’s not easy to preserve them when automatically converting to a different syntax. Last but not least, the module you mentioned in the issue doesn’t output “nice” Turtle, it outputs N-Triples (in this case).

>  in Linked Data Platform 1.0 Primer i see placeholder for switching
> JSON-LD/Turtle
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldp-primer-20140626/#intro-section

Yep, the plan is to do something similar in the Hydra specs.