RE: Semantic Domination

Hi Lee,

On 11 Jul 2014 at 10:32, Lee Curtis wrote:
> Thanks for your hard work on Hydra-CG. I was working on similar, so
> great to see I can focus on core logic again :-)

:-)

> I believe Hydra is a major step forward to semantic interoperability
> with the RoTW (rest of the world) .

Thanks!

> A couple of initial observations:
>
> My team and I prefer N3 notation. I understand JSON-LD aligns more
> with target audience of web developers. Fair call.

There are plans to include Turtle examples in the specification. We just
haven't found the time yet to make that happen.

> In my domain, both the server and client will share the same Hydra
> "contract".
>
> I'm keen to work with IRITemplates but not sure how they link to
> hydra:Class.

That depends on what you would like to achieve. Could you elaborate a bit?

> FYI: I have quite a few APIs that I want to abstract via properties,
> and use the template to instantiate them.
>
> I'd love to see some worked examples, ideally in N3/Turtle (since a
> more real-world semantic model is easier to read in a clean triple
> notation, JSON-LD seems OK for snippets or during transport)
>
> Showing my ignorance ...

I just set up a simple proxy translating the Issue Tracker demo to Turtle on
the fly:

  http://bit.ly/hydra-issue-tracker-demo-turtle

> AFAICT, I can query for all templates that have properties in common
> with my hydra:Class (my Endpoint/Servlet?). But since the IRITemplates
> link via IRITemplateMapping via Properties - it seems ambiguous.

I do not follow. Could you describe in more detail what you are trying to
do? Perhaps with some concrete examples?

> Anyways,  well done :-) Looking forward to getting it all wired up and
> working ...
>
> FYI: Our App is at: http://www.scorpio4.com/ - we have more code /
> tests /docs to add, but an initial public release is set for end of
> July.

Looks very interesting. Do you plan to use Hydra for this? Please keep us
posted