From: Gregg Kellogg [mailto:gregg@greggkellogg.net]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 3:16 PM
To: Kingsley Idehen
Cc: public-hydra@w3.org
Subject: Re: More Thoughts on Links and Operation Subclasses

On Feb 3, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

>> On 2/3/14 3:19 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> I think the biggest problem is how this stuff is documented and the
>> fact that people won't read it:-)  It's not a contract. It's a hint.
>> Clients have to interpret the response in any case. Some will be more
>> tolerant, some will break when they don't get back what they
>> expected. That's similar to how people often run into troubles when
>> parts of a website get redesigned and "nothing works anymore" because
>> it looks different or they have to take different paths.
>
> This is where TURTLE is your friend. The narrative is more readable in TURTLE that it will ever be in JSON-LD.
>
> JSON-LD is for the coders that don't want to make a TURTLE parser etc.. But, to write good code you really have to understand what exactly you are doing.
>
> I encourage you to discuss in TURTLE so that more folks get involved
> in these discussions. I make this comment because there was a nice
> series of points from 'John Yaya' that kinda got lost in the JSON-LD
> examples he made. More folks would zone in if those examples are the
> more readable TURTLE :-)

+1, JSON-LD makes it too easy to be caught up in syntax.

--------------------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission is confidential, may be privileged and should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system.