Re: HTML-AAM testing?

Hey Steve.

No worries. In terms of what needs to be done on your end: The tests
need to be created. In my original message I included links to what
we've done for Core-AAM in WPT as those seem closest to what you'll need
to write/generate for HTML-AAM testing.

I think for all the element to platform-role tests, you'll have slight
variations of
https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/blob/master/core-aam/paragraph-manual.html.
In fact, the paragraph-manual.html test probably only needs one change
to be used for the 'p' element: Where we have:

You'd want something like:

Of course, the line above that says:

You presumably want the description of the test to be about HTML rather
than ARIA. Thus two changes rather than one. But you get the idea.

What you'll see in the json included in the test file should remind you
of a typical AAM table entry.

Regarding the "wai-aria" tools, for now you want to keep those as-is.
That's where Shane's code lives. Once we refine the ATTAs and try to get
them upstreamed into WPT, that might change.

If you have some tests for me to try locally, I'm happy to do so.
Similarly, if you have questions about how to write a test to accomplish
something, let me know. There are ARIA and/or Core-AAM tests for roles,
states, properties, events, etc. The AccName tests have name and
description calculation examples. There are also so docs-in-progress
here: https://spec-ops.github.io/atta-api/

Once we have working HTML-AAM tests, we can add them to WPT and then
start generating the test results using the local ATTAs and wptreport.

Hope this helps. And please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

--joanie