RE: Always use h1-h6 by level again

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> > 2) Should we contemplate pursing a new <h> element that would pursue this
> nesting idea slightly differently (closer to the XHTML2 model)?
> >
> >         I would support that effort, yes. It would be interesting to pursue the
> stateless Heading element, but I fear we may not get support from the browser
> vendors, but it would be worth the ask.
>
> Given it's so slightly different, I wonder if there's any more chance of it getting
> implementation support.

Which is why I suggested that we may not get the support from browsers, although, again, I think it's worth having the discussion. There is some value in the idea, and I for one would be curious to hear from browsers "why not"? Is there a legitimate reason why browsers haven't taken this up, outside of "we didn't think of it first"?

JF